e-Invoicing to the Federal Government/schoolbooks (UEW)
The process described below applies for all schools connected with purchases at the expense of the Family Relief Fund (FLAG).
- The school orders UEW (teaching materials of its own choice) from the bookseller thereby considering the available budget (this arises from schoolbook-online).
- The bookseller delivers the goods (either by own service or through a delivery service).
- The bookseller issues a delivery note or an invoice copy, showing the description, the amount and the price of the goods.
- The delivery note or the invoice copy must be attached to the delivery.
- The school verifies the accuracy of the delivery and confirms the delivery extent and its factual accuracy on the delivery note or on the invoice copy.
- The school sends a copy of the confirmed delivery note or invoice copy as a PDF document via e-mail to the bookseller. It is not necessary to send a letter mail.
- The bookseller submits the e-Invoice with the delivery note or the invoice copy as a PDF document to the FLAG team of the responsible tax office.
- Most of the booksellers use the invoicing program KÖBU-Win or Book-Hit. These are special programs for booksellers selling schoolbooks, which enable documenting orders and deliveries.
- With these programs delivery notes or invoice copies can be issued.
- Furthermore, these programs can generate e-invoices that can be delivered via the business service portal.
- The bookseller scans the confirmed delivery note or invoice copy and submits it as an attachment to the e-Invoice.
- If the attachment cannot be created and submitted electronically, the bookseller submits the attachment as a paper in a letter, indicating the reference number of the e-Invoice.
If the contracting partner of the federal government (supplier) addresses the e-Invoice to the school itself (contracting authority), it can be assumed to be a contractual relationship between the supplier and the federal government department "school". In this case, pursuant to section 5 para 2 IKTKonG, an e-Invoice must be issued and submitted to the school.
Is the invoice addressed personally to a person of the school administration (e.g. a teacher), a contracting relationship between the supplier and the private person is assumed. In this case there is no need for an e-Invoice.